Today for Live Life in Yoga Pants wellness Friday our focus is “The Season of Giving”
This is the last Friday before the big day. Today I thought we would focus our attention on the one of the most important meanings of the season – “Giving” So stop for a minute and really think about that. If you are like me you have been running around the last few weeks buying presents for everyone. I recently had a great conversation with my dear friend Rachel about this. We both get in this frantic buying present to buy presents “mode”. And both us agreed that we don’t like that feeling. That’s not what it’s about. It truly is the season of giving…..but that doesn’t mean buying presents.
There are so many things you can do to “give” that don’t cost a thing and will make you feel good this holiday season.
Here is a great list from the The Beauty Bean:
1. Buy presents becomes be present. Your presence is your greatest gift under the tree.
2. Wrap Gifts becomes wrap someone in a hug.
3. Cook food becomes donate food to someone in need.
4. Put up lights becomes be the light. There is so much negativity and sadness around this time, if you can show up being the light for your family and friends it can change everything.
5. Make cookies becomes make love. Trust me, it is a way more productive and healthy use of your time and energy.
6. Send cards becomes send peace. Simply sending good intentions and prayers can be more powerful, more meaningful, more environmentally friendly than signing and sending cards. Save the stamps and paper. Send cheer with your mind.
So when you find yourself all stressed out because you forgot a gift or can’t think of the perfect gift for someone remember this list and remember that most of the people you cross paths with this holiday season are not looking for a “gift” from you. Your presence is gift enough.
Sign up for our 6 week fusion bootcamp now and save $30.00
Commit now and starting January 5th, we’ll meet on Monday nights to kick some butt! Warm-ups start at 6:30 pm and we’ll keep you working until 8:00 pm.
Sessions will take place at Commerce Elementary School where we’ll have plenty of room to move and sweat! Visit our website for more details and to sign up today!
Healthy Holiday Tip : Don’t skip your workout! I know it’s easy to say “I don’t have time” Don’t. Do something, like try our Cardio Leg challenge.
LLYP Cardio Leg Challenge:
Try this challenge, comment on our Facebook post about it on our Facebook page and you’ll be entered to win a Live Live in Yoga Pants hoodie (US only – must be completed by Friday, December 19th)!
For more details on the Plank and balance challenge click here: LLYP Cardio Leg Challenge
Here are some quick and easy recipes for last minute weekly dinners or a holiday get together:
We have some great suggestions for a healthy holiday on our Pinterest board – check it out!
If you haven’t already — check out our post on how to stay Healthy and Happy this holiday season: Healthy, Happy Holiday Season!
LLYP (Live Life in Yoga Pants)